KYP Terms & Conditions
At KYP, we firmly believe that writing is a skill that takes time, patience, and tenacity to cultivate. Therefore, our students are expected to commit to our program for the academic school year.
1. Classes will be billed on a monthly basis. The payment must be received on the first day of the month or the child may not be allowed to attend class.
2. You may not deduct class fees from the tuition for any reason.
1. For Private Lessons, please let us know 24 hours in advance if you plan on cancelling a class. Otherwise you will be charged for the lesson.
MAKE-UP CLASS ARRANGEMENT
1. KYP Academic School Year: Students are allowed to take one make up class per month, for a maximum of four makeup classes from Aug until Dec and a maximum of five makeup classes from Jan to June. This make up class limit includes any and all sick leave or vacation leave.
2. If no make-up class can be arranged, we will not issue refunds.
3. Make-up classes cannot be carried over to the next school year. Parents must inform us of the makeup class request 24 hours in advance or we may not be able to accommodate the makeup class request.
4. We arrange make-up classes according to ages. Students can go to a different class of similar price for the same age group for a make-up class. Make-up class credits cannot be combined for private classes.
1. To enroll in the class, you must submit your registration form, payment in the form of cheque and receive our confirmation. Registration cannot be completed with receipt of payment. Cheque or bank deposit will be accepted. Cash will not be accepted.
WITHDRAWING FROM KYP
1. To withdraw from the class, you must submit a written notice at least 30 days prior to the last day of attendance.
PUBLIC HOLIDAYS AND BAD WEATHER
1. We do not hold classes for all public holidays or when Typhoon No. 8 or Black Rain Signal is hoisted.
2. If classes are cancelled due to Typhoon No. 8 or Black Rain, there will be NO makeup classes or refunds.
3. If Typhoon No. 8 is hoisted during class, the class will stop immediately and students should go home. If Black Rain is hoisted during class, the class will continue until the end of class and then students will go home. 4. If the signal for the Black Rainstorm or Typhoon #8 is lowered:
Before 8am Then, the centre will open at 10am
Before 12noon Then, the centre will be open at 2pm
After 12noon Centre remained closed
There are no makeup classes or refunds for class cancellations due to weather.
5. Students will not be notified individually of the weather situation. Parents should pay attention to the Hong Kong Observatory weather reports.
6. If class resumes after Typhoon No. 8 or Black Rain has been lowered and students do not come to the class, there will be no makeup classes or refunds
1. All KYP materials (including notes, worksheets, and The Idea-Burger Times) are prepared by KYP and the exclusive proprietary rights of KYP and are not to be distributed to the public or sold for commercial or educational purposes.
2. We reserve the right to use our students’ works in our publications, including but not limited to The Idea-Burger Times.
3. We have the right to withdraw any student who is being disruptive or who we deem not suitable for our program for any reason and/or students or families who do not adhere to or believe in our mission statement. We will also withdraw any student whose parents have solicited any of the KYP teachers or staff to do private tutoring outside the KYP premises without KYP permission.
4. We have the right to withdraw any student if
a). he or she behaves in ways that are disruptive and by the teacher's judgment, may infringe upon other students' right to learn; and
b). he or she continues to behave in similar ways after repeated warnings.
3. If a student is dismissed or requested to withdraw because of behavior problems, no refund will be made.
4. We reserve the right to arrange for one of the other KYP teachers to teach your child if your child's teacher is not available due to unforeseen circumstances.
5. For health reasons, we have the right to remove a student from class who is showing signs of an infectious disease and to only re-admit that student to class once he/she provides us with a doctor's note stating that the student is no longer ill.
If your child damages KYP school property, you are liable for paying for the cost of the damage.